Set in the Glen Gardens, with an adjacent children’s playground, boating pool and putting green, the Glen Gardens Cafe is in an extremely family friendly environment.
The utilitarian 1970s cafe is built on the site of the Ravine Villa, a huge Victorian mansion owned by the fabulously wealthy Bentley family, who were brewers from the West Riding. The Villa staged a grand dinner when Filey railway station was opened in 1846. Unfortunately it fell on hard times and was demolished in the early 1970s.
The Ravine Villa’s gardens were converted into a public pleasure grounds and named the Glen Gardens.